Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Virgin Watermelon Sangria


As Summer in India at its peak, I was in a search of some cool ways to celebrate it. Being a food blogger what's better than celebrating it with a "Food"! I decided to post some chilling, cooling and at the same time drooling recipes to beat the summer heat. You may find couple of recipes in my blog as below mentioned, I am planning to add more very soon.
This time I decided to do something different as always I do with my food. Well, at times I do end up with a complete flop show but most of the time it's a big hit amongst my family members.




As we all know Summers are synonyms to Watermelons. So, this time I decided to make Watermelon Sangria. The name Sangria is said to have its origin in Spain and Portugal. It is made up of chopped fruits, wine and small amount of sweetener. There was a little problem, I didn't want to add wine to it thus making my Watermelon Sangria completely virgin. 

After trying different combinations I came up with this recipe and trust me it not only looks great but tastes fantastic too. You just can't go wrong with the classic combination of Watermelon-Mint-Lime. Infact mint and lime is compatible with lots of different fruits. So, without any further ado let's jump straight into the recipe:




Ingredients:


1. Watermelon Cubes (deseeded): 4 cups
2. Orange Juice: 2 cups
3. Soda Water: 2 cups
4. Orange, Lime (sliced and deseeded)
5. Sugar: 5 tbsp
6. Mint Leaves: few
7. Ice cubes: 5-6



Method:


1. Put the watermelon cubes in a blender with sugar and few mint leaves. Blend them nicely for a minute or until everything is nice, smooth and no chunks are left.

2. Take a deep bottomed bowl and strain the watermelon juice through a fine strainer.

3. Add the orange juice and soda water to the strained watermelon juice. You can also use Sprite or 7Up instead of the regular soda water.

4. Put the orange and lime slices into the juice mixture and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.

5. While serving pour the Sangria in individual glasses with ice cubes and garnish it with Watermelon slices.

6. Enjoy!!




Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment