Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mango Ice Cream




Yes, you might be thinking that I have gone crazy. The season of Mangoes and Ice-creams has not been arrived yet or I must say we are just a few weeks away to indulge ourselves in the sweetness of mangoes and the rich, creamy goodness of Ice-creams.

To be very frank I am a die hard fan of Ice-creams and can enjoy it even in the subzero temperatures and when its Mango flavored I can't resist myself to have a scoop of it. Moreover who doesn't love mangoes after all it's the King of all fruits.

Recently, I found a can of mango puree in a departmental store and as usual I couldn't stop myself from buying it without a second thought. I was walking through the aisles and thinking what to do with this puree. Suddenly I turned and saw an aisle of ice-creams. Yippee!!! I got it. I decided to treat my family and of course myself with Mango Ice-cream.




Whenever we think of making ice-cream at home two thoughts comes in our mind successively:
  • Will it be smooth, creamy, rich and soft like store bought?
  • Is it possible to make ice-cream without an Ice-cream maker?
Well, the answer to all your questions is "Yes, Of course!" . It's just a pleasure when your ice-cream scooper glides through the ice-cream without encountering any ice crystals and yet you get a nice and perfect scoop. Moreover it requires very few ingredients and no cooking or churning. Just mix all the ingredients together and set it in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours. 

So let's dig into the divine flavors of Mango Ice-cream:



Ingredients:


1. Mango Puree: 1 and 1/2 cup
2. Heavy whipping Cream: 1 and 1/2 cup
3. Sweetened Condensed Milk: 1 cup
4. Salt: a pinch
5. Powdered Sugar (if required)

Method:


1. In a mixing bowl Pour the heavy whipping cream and whip it with your electric blender or wire whisk until you get soft peaks.

2. Add in the sweetened condensed milk and mix very gently otherwise the whipped cream will deflate.

3. Now add the mango puree and a pinch of salt then fold the mixture with very light hands.

4. Once everything is well incorporated, pour this mixture into a bowl and keep it in the freezer for good 5-6 hours and till then control yourself not to open the freezer every single hour and check whether its set or not :)

5. Take out the bowl 5 minutes prior to serving scoop it and top with anything you like. 

6. Enjoy the real flavors of mango and the richness of ice-cream blended together.




Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Thanks for sharing this. For online shopping discount codes please try Flipkart Vouchers for buying any product online. I tried it and get 40% Discount on my all products. Try this. Its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Mango Flavor Ice Cream!! Here are best ice cream post with us. Thank you, We are also share about best ice shaver. Margarita

    ReplyDelete